NO MORE PICKANINNY

Houston - A few days I was told by a long time family friend and Trump supporter that I needed to stop straddling the fence and make a stand in regards of this election. Haha! I have made a stand. A stand that I will not ignorantly or blindly force myself to go against my convictions. I understand that we often accept things that we are against due to ignorance. But when we can clearly see we have an obligation to go with our conviction and not what others are ok with.
When I was a little girl about 2 or 3, in the 70s, my parents, who were traveling evangelist, spent a good deal of time preaching for a church in the Golden Triangle area of Texas. Now the church was very kind to my parents, treated us as good as they did any of the white minsters. They were exceptionally kind and warm to me. We stayed in the pastors mansion whenever my parents ministered at the church there. There was just one problem, to which my parents were ignorant of I assume due to their Yankee background. They had a lovely term of endearment for me...Pickaninny. Now these were Holy Ghost filled and water baptized in Jesus name Pentecostals. In all of their niceness, what made them fill comfortable using such a vile and ugly term towards a child? Ignorance and silence. My parents had no clue what that word meant or how it had been used to remind Blacks of their place. I was nearly 30 years old when I finally informed my mum what that word meant. I hated to disappoint her, but it had to be done. 

At 42, I'm a conservative and a Republican, but I am no ones Pickaninny. I don't have to follow the rules that contradict my convictions. I don't have to say "Yes'em" to the Republican party, or any party. I make a stand not to vote for a man who is immoral, lacks a commitment to family values (he's been married three times and jokes about his adulteress affairs), he flip flops on issues every month, used Evangelicals to get him the nomination with a simple thank you and smile, has absolutely NO policy in place (domestic or internationally), declared war on urban America if he is elected (go back and listen to Thursday evenings acceptance speech) and has elevated himself to be equal with God. Anyone who does not need to ask God for forgiveness has made himself equal with God. The first step to salvation (Acts 2:38) is repentance. And that knocks his being a Christian out of the water. So he believes in God...so does the devil. Oh, and he raised his children so well...remember a few months ago his son said they would help send people of color back to where they came from.

So for those who can't understand me saying #NeverTrump, it's ok. You probably think Bill O'Reilly was correct in stating that the slaves who built the White House were well feed. Since this is the choice the party gave me, I make the choice to walk away and leave someone else to clean up the Elephant dung hill that was made. I'm still a human, Christian, and Conservative...And anyone who votes for Trump, you have that right to do so. Just don't try to imply that I, as a conservative, don't have the right not to.

Comments

Popular Posts