Don't Become Bankrupt By Your Investors

Houston - Over the course of an individual's life any number of people will be invited to fill the space called life. It's important that one identifies the people who are merely still fixtures and those who are living investors. 

Too many times we give credence of who we are to those who are decorations and inanimate beings in our journey, while we fail to celebrate those who are the living voice in our moment. 

This morning I sat thinking about how I've allowed people to define who I am, taking away from the living reality of who I am while they focused on my temporary existence of my flaws. I've endangered what makes me great by listening to the exaggerated complaints of my weakness that make me human. No one told me I had to believe that I am my flaws. You are not your flaws...far too many of us believe that we are.

Our investors are the people who understand our flaws, but choose to push us to live in our reality. They know our weakness while understanding our greatness. Instead of taking life from you by always holding your shortcomings over your head, they walk you away from your muddy moments, willing to hold your hand when you slip, in order to assist you as you climb upward. When an investor become more consumed with the speck of imperfection than helping to carefully remove the speck you must either step away or step back. Otherwise, you will start to see you as you really are not. 

More importantly, we should never allow those who are not a part of our living moment to have a right to voice their distractions into our now. They are a decoration on the wall of life's journey. Their knowledge of who and what you are is based on someone else's thoughts and ideas. Their words lack knowledge of the reality. So you have a right to mute their voice...it's all Greek to your ears. 

It's possible for our investors, those who belong in our life, to become distracted by our flaws because they have a need to focus on other's imperfections to keep from seeing their own. The danger in this is that as they continue to shine a spotlight on yours you begin to point a flash light on their weakness. In this you begin to suck the life out of your reality with a dangerous speed, because you began to become more of what you are not.

We must have the courage to step back (doesn't always mean walking away), and deny investors the right to make deposits into our existence when their deposit become counterfeit. If you don't protect your investment you may find yourself emotional and mentally bankrupt.

Know your worth...and celebrate those who are willing to increase the value of your worth. And make sure you do the same, add value to those who extend the invitation to invest in their moment.  

Comments

Popular Posts