Stranger Things...

I'm not the sort of person who really gets emotionally attached to people. I have my reasons. I mean for the most part, we all mean well but at some point we screw things up knocking the crap out of the people we say we love. And when that happens to me, well that's a real... you can finish that how ever you like.

And since I'm being honest, I'm not always that fond of that thing called love either. At least I wasn't until recently. I mean love of any sort. I just had a hard time believing that what we as humans call love was 100% real and not full of it.

Love has so many components to it - honesty, trust, commitment, patience, forgiveness, you name it. And everyone knows at some point the limit is reached in trying to fulfill that package.

However, I don't know if it's because I'm nearing the mid 30's or what but the idea of love is starting to seem like an adventure. To love and trust people - a very new adventure - seems to be a wonderful idea.

In the last two years I've happened upon two individuals - who no matter how hard I fight - seem to captivate my heart. Of course the love for the two of them is different - yet it is still deep, deeper than my comfort zone has every given way to.

What's strange is that fact that love is so complex. It's multi-dimensional. Sometimes it feels good then other times it hurts like a million knives. And that hurt can come from a million directions - they can hurt you or you can hurt because they hurt. But it all seems to make you love them more.

The complexity of love can be felt when you look into their eyes and you can't explain how you feel - even though somehow you can communicate to each other a feeling. Or the way their touch feels, yet anyone else can touch you just like that and you feel nothing but a hand or an arm pressing against you.

Love makes a smile across the room become an embrace. Or the sound of their laughter a tickle in your ear. It makes everything bigger, yet it makes everything become simple.

And no matter how far away you are - you always feel that somehow that person is so close. At any given moment you can close your eyes and throw your head back and there they are sitting next to you - smiling just the way they always do.

Comments

Popular Posts