Black Friday Bonding

Well, the holiday season is in full bloom. With Thanksgiving behind us and the various December holidays before us so the shopping begins. Of course shopping is not what the season is supposed to be about, but our society has made it the BUSINESS of "day".

One of the most important, if not the most, things about the holiday is FAMILY. I mean what is the holiday if there is no family, or friends who have become family?

This year my family- my mum, my sister and her husband, my Grand and i- decided at the last minuet to travel to Atlanta to spend Thanksgiving with a cousin and her family. Well, I already plans to enjoy friends here, as well as a friend who was traveling down from the East Coast. So the change of plans meant Black Friday was canceled. Yea a big sad face. Then I had a thought, "why not ask my sister to join me in the Black Friday adventure in ATL". After some thinking she decided to take me up on the offer. She was a Black Friday newbie.

Neither of us planned on doing much shopping. But time together was more of the value that we would obtain. Though we didn't walk out of the malls and stores with huge bags of non needed items, we did spend time together hopping from store to store, telling stores and making each other laugh. For us it was more like Black Friday Bonding. Though I can't say she will take me up on the offer next year, I'm sure she found the time together this year to be valuable.

Let's make those we shares our most valuable treasure this holiday season.

Seasons Greetings to all!

Comments

Popular Posts